Hospital Indemnity Insurance
Hospital Indemnity Insurance helps offset additional costs such as covered surgeries and hospital stays or services that health insurance doesn't cover.
Hospital indemnity coverage shifts the focus to healing, not finances
When you're in the hospital or undergoing outpatient surgery, the last thing you need to worry about is how much it will cost to get better. Even when you have health insurance, premiums don't cover everything.
If you're admitted to the hospital for a covered accident or sickness, hospital indemnity insurance plans provide benefits that can help pay for hospital expenses that aren't covered by your health insurance, such as costs related to:
- Outpatient surgery
- Inpatient services
- Diagnostic tests
- Doctor appointments
- Emergency room trips
With this added financial protection, you can dedicate energy toward getting well instead of worrying about bills.
How Hospital Indemnity Insurance Through Colonial Life Works
When a sudden illness or injury affects your health, our hospital indemnity insurance helps minimize its effect on your finances. After customizing a policy with your preferred benefit amount, you can use your insurance to pay for day-to-day bills or out-of-pocket medical costs, such as deductibles, co-payments, and other expenses.
Colonial Life's hospital indemnity insurance makes it easy to customize a policy and help prepare for unexpected expenses. Most plans even include an annual wellness benefit to help promote a healthy lifestyle.
All policies include:
- Benefits payable directly to the policyholder (unless specified otherwise) that can be used for any purpose
- Availability for you, your spouse and eligible dependent children
- Clear benefit amounts so you know the exact amount that's payable for covered services
Costs, exclusions, and limitations may vary, so talk with your Aegisys benefits counselor to learn more.
Our hospital indemnity insurance is designed with both employees and employers in mind
Employers and HR professionals
- Provide a sound benefits package that can help attract and retain high-performing employees, without incurring additional company expenses
- Manage the increasing costs of coverage through voluntary benefits and potential savings
- Simplify the enrollment process for all your benefits, including traditional medical plans, by partnering with our nationwide team of licensed benefit counselors
- Reduce administrative burden by leveraging Colonial Life’s enrollment solutions and 24/7 support
Your employees and their families
- Can gain peace of mind knowing that they can focus on recovery rather than paying hospital bills
- Receive direct benefits (unless they specify otherwise) that can be used however they’d like, regardless of any other insurance they may have
- Can select coverage options for themselves and/or eligible dependents
- Some policies are portable, allowing employees to keep their coverage even if they change jobs
Ready to find out more? Get started today!
Let us demonstrate how you can start financially protecting yourself and your family.