Serious illness calls for serious protection. When health insurance won’t cover certain medical expenses, critical illness insurance can help close the gap
Don't let an unexpected illness hinder the life you've built
A critical illness such as a heart attack, stroke or major organ failure can impact anyone, from the least health-conscious to the fittest. Heredity and lifestyle affect your risk factors, but even if you’re in perfect health, life can change in an instant.
When a critical illness strikes, major expenses often follow. Health insurance may cover some of your medical costs, but not everything. In addition to your day-to-day bills, you could incur costs for treatment and recovery, such as:
- Deductibles and co-pays
- Expenses related to out-of-network treatment and additional medical procedures, such as angioplasty and pacemaker implantation
- Travel, lodging and meals during treatment
- Lifestyle changes that may lead to better health, such as gym memberships and smoking cessation programs
- Rehabilitation and home health services
Plus, if you have to take a leave of absence or reduce your work schedule to care for yourself or others, expenses and debt can add up quickly. That’s where critical illness insurance can help. With a financial safety net in place, you can rest assured that a sudden illness won’t jeopardize your finances.
How Critical Illness Insurance through Colonial Life Works
Health insurance is supposed to be there when you need it most, yet it often fails to cover all the expenses associated with a critical illness. Fortunately, critical illness insurance through Colonial Life can help bridge the gap and give you greater peace of mind.
Colonial Life critical illness insurance helps supplement your major medical coverage by providing a lump-sum benefit that you may use to pay direct and indirect costs related to the most prevalent critical illnesses. Some of the covered conditions include:
- Heart attack
- End-stage renal (kidney) failure
Other serious illnesses may be covered as well, depending on the specific design of your plan. Additional coverage options also are available to help pay for health screenings, subsequent diagnoses, and cancer vaccines.
Talk with your Colonial Life benefits counselor to find out more details and learn how critical illness insurance can help you focus on getting better.
Our critical illness insurance is designed with both employees and employers in mind
Employers and HR professionals
- Provide a sound benefits package that can help attract and retain high-performing employees, without incurring additional company expenses
- Manage the increasing costs of coverage through voluntary benefits and potential savings
- Simplify the enrollment process for all your benefits, including traditional medical plans, by partnering with our nationwide team of licensed benefit counselors
- Reduce administrative burden by leveraging Colonial Life’s enrollment solutions and 24/7 support
Your employees and their families
- Can gain peace of mind knowing that they can focus on recovery rather than paying bills
- Receive direct benefits (unless they specify otherwise) that can be used however they’d like, regardless of any other insurance they may have
- Can select coverage options for themselves and/or eligible dependents
- Some policies are portable, allowing employees to keep their coverage even if they change jobs
Ready to find out more? Get started today!
Let us demonstrate how you can start financially protecting yourself and your family.