Cancer insurance can help cover expenses from diagnosis through recovery. It provides a financial safety net that can assist with cancer-related expenses that medical insurance does not cover.
Cancer insurance helps you live well while getting well
Most of us don't expect to face a serious illness like cancer. Some look to family history to determine risk, but that often doesn't tell the whole story. While heredity and environmental factors can play a role, inherited genetic factors impact a small percentage of all cancers.
Fortunately, more people are surviving cancer thanks to early detection and more aggressive treatments. If you're diagnosed with cancer, you may find that your medical insurance doesn't cover everything. In addition to your day-to-day bills, you could incur costs for treatment and recovery, such as:
- Deductibles and co-pays
- Out-of-network treatment
- Travel, lodging and meals during treatment
- Home health services
The need to scale back on work or take a leave of absence during treatment and recovery only adds to the stress. That's where supplemental cancer insurance helps. It assists with protecting you from financial hardship in the face of mounting cancer expenses.
How Cancer Insurance Through Colonial Life Works
If cancer affects your life, you should be able to focus on finding the best treatment and getting better – not on how you'll pay your bills.
Colonial Life cancer insurance offers benefits to assist with out-of-pocket costs that may not be covered by your medical insurance, including expenses related to inpatient or outpatient treatment, surgery, travel and recovery care.
Equally important, some plans also cover an annual cancer screening test to promote prevention and early diagnosis. Optional riders may be available to provide even more financial protection during the initial diagnosis period and hospital stays.
With Colonial Life cancer insurance policies:
- Coverage options are available for you, your spouse and your eligible dependents.
- Benefits are payable directly to you unless you specify otherwise.
- Benefits are payable regardless of any insurance you have with other companies.
- Some policies can be taken with you even if you change jobs.
Plans vary, so talk with your Aegisys benefits counselor to learn more about how cancer insurance can help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Our cancer insurance is designed with both employees and employers in mind
Employers and HR professionals
- Provide a sound benefits package that can help attract and retain high-performing employees, without incurring additional company expenses
- Manage the increasing costs of coverage through voluntary benefits and potential savings
- Simplify the enrollment process for all your benefits, including traditional medical plans, by partnering with our nationwide team of licensed benefit counselors
- Reduce administrative burden by leveraging Colonial Life’s enrollment solutions and 24/7 support
Your employees and their families
- Can gain peace of mind knowing that they can focus on recovery rather than paying hospital bills
- Receive direct benefits (unless they specify otherwise) that can be used however they’d like, regardless of any other insurance they may have
- Can select coverage options for themselves and/or eligible dependents
- Some policies are portable, allowing employees to keep their coverage even if they change jobs
Ready to find out more? Get started today!
Let us demonstrate how you can start financially protecting yourself and your family.